Sep 27, 2023
ADM 258 - Professional Development
Last Date of Approval: Fall 2020
Total Lecture Hours: 15
This course is designed to provide a broad range of professional development opportunities for students. These opportunities will include but not be limited to areas of parliamentary procedure, meeting agendas, resume building, interview skills, portfolio building, teamwork projects, and finally career specific expectations and professionalism necessary to be successful in a graphic design or web design career. Students will be expected to participate in class discussion and activities. Students will also need to engage in the community by attending a meeting utilizing parliamentary procedure.
Mode(s) of Instruction: face-to-face
Credit for Prior Learning: No
Course Fees: none
Common Course Assessment(s): none
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate proficiency in conducting a meeting.
- Complete documents required to the job search process.
- Complete job seeking interviews.
- Students will effectively budget time and demonstrate ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proper use of parliamentary procedure.
- Become knowledgeable and demonstrate the ability to set a meeting agenda.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a working resume, successful interviewing skills and an employment portfolio.
- Properly participate in parliamentary procedure meetings.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)