Jun 05, 2023
AGH 156 - Landscape Design II
Last Date of Approval: Fall 2021
Total Lecture Hours: 45
This course identifies different steps in landscape construction. The steps covered include, preconstruction activities, reading construction documents, basic math, and the landscape construction.
Mode(s) of Instruction: Traditional/Face-to-Face
Credit for Prior Learning: There are no Credit for Prior Learning opportunities for this course.
Course Fees: ebook/Access Code: $124.99 (charged once per term for all courses that use Cengage Unlimited)
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the steps in the landscape construction process.
- Express what is involved in each individual step of this process
- Identify the visual elements of a landscaped area.
- Construct visual elements of the landscaped area
- The major steps in the landscape construction process.
- The basic construction activities that occur during the landscape construction process.
- The typical rules, contracts, standards and entities that govern landscape contracting around the nation?
- What local ordinances and building departments provide requirements for the location, construction, and style of landscape areas.
- The basic legal requirements that must be met before the construction can begin.
- What types of construction documents may be encountered on a project.
- What math operations must be performed to order materials, establish grades, or laying out a walkway.
- How to calculate perimeter, area, volume and weight conversions.
- How to perform basic landscape construction math calculations.
- How to calculate a bid or estimate for a landscape project.
- Materials and installation techniques for retaining walls.
- Materials and installation techniques for landscape paving.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)