Jun 05, 2023
AGH 161 - Irrigation Systems
Last Date of Approval: Fall2021
Total Lecture Hours: 45
This course will give the student knowledge in landscape and golf course irrigation systems. Topics include irrigation equipment, piping, pump stations, water supply, design, installation and maintenance.
Mode(s) of Instruction: Traditional/Face-to-Face
Credit for Prior Learning: There are no Credit for Prior Learning opportunities for this course.
Course Fees: None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
Student Learning Outcomes:
- The student will recognize the importance of a golf course irrigation system.
- The student will identify the different irrigation systems.
- The student demonstrate how to operate and maintain an irrigation system.
- Plant irrigation requirements
- Soil-water-plant relationships
- Turf types
- The different sources of water supply
- Water withdrawal permits
- The different pump types
- Pump sizing
- Pump systems
- The different types of pipe
- The different types of valves
- What is a swing joint?
- Materials used in an irrigation system
- What goes into the design of an irrigation system?
- How to estimate the cost of an irrigation project
- How to install an irrigation system
- The different types of equipment used in the installation process
- The basics of electricity
- How to install the individual sprinkler heads
- What is a field controller?
- What is a decoder system?
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)