Jun 05, 2023
AGH 255 - Applicator License Prep
Last Date of Approval: Spring 2020
Total Lecture Hours: 15
This course prepares the student for a commercial pesticide application license. The student will review the Iowa Core Manual along with ornamental and turfgrass management (Category 3OT), which identifies different plant development stages, plant diseases, insects, fertility deficiencies, weeds, and integrated pest management.
Mode(s) of Instruction: traditional/face-to-face
Credit for Prior Learning: This course offers an opportunity for students to earn Credit for Prior Learning for skills that they have brought with them to Iowa Central. For more information, please ask the instructor and see the Iowa Central Community College catalog.
Course Fees: Testing Charge: $25.00
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
Student Learning Outcomes:
- The student will identify different plant development stages.
- The student will distinguish plant diseases and insect damage on turf.
- The student will determine weed problems on turf areas.
- The student will apply integrated pest management tools.
- The student will prepare for the Core Manual and Category 3 exams.
- Different turf diseases
- Insect Management
- Weed Management
- Federal and state laws and regulations
- The different pesticides used on turf
- Personal protective equipment & clothing used when using pesticides
- Different types of application equipment
- How to calibrate application equipment
- How to read a pesticide label
- What the signal words mean on a label
- What to do if there is a chemical spill
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)