Dec 01, 2023
AGH 340 - Turfgrass Professionalism
Last Date of Approval: Spring 2020
Total Work-Based Experience Hours: 60
This course will give the students hands on experience working on a real life golf course. Students will work on equipment, provide general maintenance, as well as function as the grounds crew to enhance skills learned throughout their academic program.
Mode(s) of Instruction: traditional/face-to-face
Credit for Prior Learning: There are no Credit for Prior Learning opportunities for this course.
Course Fees: None
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
Student Learning Outcomes:
- The student will identify the proper work qualities needed for a turfgrass facility.
- The student will administer what they have learned in the classroom as members of the grounds crew on the golf course.
- The student will gain valuable experience working on equipment and general maintenance on the golf course.
- The day to day operations of a turfgrass facility.
- The skills and work habits needed to be successful in the turfgrass industry.
- Maintenance practices used on a turfgrass facility.
- Maintenance practices used on the turf equipment.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)