Sep 23, 2023
BUS 112 - Business Math
Course Department: Business
Last Date of Approval: August 2017
Total Lecture Hours: 45
Total Lab Hours: 0
Total Clinical Hours: 0
Total Work-Based Experience Hours: 0
The student applies basic mathematical skills used in personal and business operations. This course includes fractions, decimals, percents, trade and cash discounts, markups, markdowns, interest, depreciation, investments, insurance, payroll, and annuities.
Mode(s) of Instruction: traditional/face-to-face, and/or online
Credit for Prior Learning: There are no Credit for Prior Learning opportunities for this course.
Course Fees: None
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
- Calculate decimal, fraction, and percent problems.
- Compute interest-related problems.
- Calculate and work with payroll.
- Calculate and work with bank situations.
- Compute problems using equations.
- Calculate and work with credit and loan situations.
- Write formulas for the spreadsheet program.
- Format documents in the spreadsheet program.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)