Sep 23, 2023
CON 131 - Site Layout & Blueprint Reading
Last Date of Approval: Fall 2019
Total Lecture Hours: 7.5
Total Lab Hours: 15
Total Clinical Hours: 0
Total Work-Based Experience Hours: 0
This course will train students to interpret and use working drawings and blueprints. It includes an understanding of construction symbols and building specifications. Students will develop a site layout for various projects utilizing lasers, builders levels, construction calculator, blueprints, and site plans.In addition, this course will help students gain valuable knowledge and skills related to construction, which can be used to obtain construction related jobs or utilized for personal home construction or repairs.
Mode(s) of Instruction: traditional/face-to-face
Credit for Prior Learning: None
Course Fees: 0
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
- Interpret Residential Blueprints.
- Examine scale drawings
- Identify and interpret symbols
- Evaluate a foundation plan
- Construct a floor plan
- Identify different drawing schedules
- Create a plot plan.
- Create a site layout.
- Discover the boundaries by locating the existing surveyor’s stakes
- Record location or setbacks and easements.
- Locate builder’s level or laser
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)