Sep 23, 2023
CON 303 - Building Science II
Last Date of Approval: Fall 2019
Total Lecture Hours: 15
Total Lab Hours: 0
Total Clinical Hours: 0
Total Work-Based Experience Hours: 0
Students will be expanding on Building Science I, utilizing hands on activities to explore the effects of mold, volatile organic compounds, radon, healthy home design, renewable energy, and building failures.
Mode(s) of Instruction: traditional/face-to-face
Credit for Prior Learning: None
Course Fees: None
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Discuss the effects of mold, voc’s, house as a system, and radon in the American home.
- Identify and recommend ventilation solutions.
- Discuss the design of a healthy and sustainable home.
- Differentiate different sources of renewable energy.
- Distinguish renewable energy.
- Set standards and procedures that ensure healthy home performance.
- Identify patterns of building failures and how to prevent them.
- Describe how a house performs as a system.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)