WBL 147 - Workplace Project Based Learning: Applied Digital, Visual, and Communication Arts
Last Date of Approval: Spring 2021
Total Lecture Hours: 15-45
Total Lab Hours: 0
Total Clinical Hours: 0
Total Work-Based Experience Hours: 0
Students in this course learn the concept of project-based learning in the workplace and will develop and implement projects in cooperation with programs and clubs at Iowa Central. Students will gain a usable knowledge of working as a team member and toward a client-based goal. Projects are developed under the supervision of a college faculty or staff member. This course will also help students gain confidence in skills and ability which will be of key significance when making important life decisions.
Mode(s) of Instruction: traditional/face-to-face, and/or online
Credit for Prior Learning: This course offers an opportunity for students to earn Credit for Prior Learning for skills that they have brought with them to Iowa Central. For more information, please ask the instructor and see the Iowa Central Community College catalog.
Course Fees: None
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
1. Apply the components of work-based project management to an approved project with a local business or organization.
2. Demonstrate creativity during the innovation and implementation process of a specific business initiative.
3. Improve critical thinking and problem solving skills in a team setting, working with a real-time business concept.
4. Apply communication strategies in a team structure.
5. Practice workplace professionalism and management skills, including time management, collaboration, and teamwork negotiation.
6. Develop effective skills in community service and citizenship, such as oral and written communication skills, and teamwork.
7. Collaborate with local business and community organizations to design and implement team-based projects.
8. Explain the value of cultural and generational diversity in the workplace.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)