WBL 154 - Job Shadowing: Health Sciences
Last Date of Approval: Spring 2021
Total Lecture Hours: 0
Total Lab Hours: 0
Total Clinical Hours: 0
Total Work-Based Experience Hours: 60-120
Students in this course will explore the field of Health Sciences while developing research skills, professionalism, and building occupational knowledge. Students will visit workplaces in this employment sector to learn about specific jobs and professional requirements, and to develop a basic knowledge of the organization’s structure and values.
Mode(s) of Instruction: traditional/face-to-face
Credit for Prior Learning: This course offers an opportunity for students to earn Credit for Prior Learning for skills that they have brought with them to Iowa Central. For more information, please ask the instructor and see the Iowa Central Community College catalog.
Course Fees: None
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
1. Describe aspects of careers and jobs within a chosen profession.
2. Describe the education or training required and the skills needed for various occupations.
3. Create awareness of the academic, technical, and personal skills required in a particular job or profession.
4. Practice honesty, punctuality, respect, courtesy, cooperative attitude, and behaviors of a team player.
5. Develop personal responsibility characteristics regarding workplace situations involving workplace safety, discrimination, harassment, and personal ethics.
6. Reflect on job shadow activities, career goals, and interests.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)