WBL 200 - Practicum/Field Experience: CTE
Last Date of Approval: Spring 2021
Total Lecture Hours: 0
Total Lab Hours: 0
Total Clinical Hours: 0
Total Work-Based Experience Hours: 60-300
Offered under the guidance of an instructor and employer mentor/supervisory, this course provides students an opportunity to learn in a work setting while obtaining practical experience in their chosen field of study. Students will participate in job training, and will complete assignments to develop workplace communication skills, gain an understanding or industry and organizational structures, and learn problem solving skills in a work environment.
Mode(s) of Instruction: traditional/face-to-face
Credit for Prior Learning: This course offers an opportunity for students to earn Credit for Prior Learning for skills that they have brought with them to Iowa Central. For more information, please ask the instructor and see the Iowa Central Community College catalog.
Course Fees: None
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
1. Apply technical skills and academic knowledge in the work setting.
2. Describe industry and organizational structures, culture, and ethics.
3. Apply critical thinking, communication, and problem solving skills.
4. Apply workplace policies, procedures, and regulations.
5. Practice professional conduct and team work at the work site.
6. Reflect on the educational, technical, and personal skills required for success in the career.
7. Establish a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)