WBL 209 - Practicum/Field Experience: Government and Criminal Justice
Offered under the guidance of an instructor and employer mentor/supervisor, this course provides students an opportunity to learn in a work setting while obtaining practical experience in Government and Criminal Justice programs. Students will participate in job training, and will complete assignments to develop workplace communication skills, gain and understanding of industry and organizational structures, and learn problem solving skills in a work environment.
Course Fees: None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
1. Apply technical skills and academic knowledge in the work setting.
2. Describe industry and organizational structures, culture, and ethics.
3. Apply critical thinking, communication, and problem solving skills.
4. Apply workplace policies, procedures, and regulations.
5. Practice professional conduct and team work at the work site.
6. Reflect on the educational, technical, and personal skills required for success in the career.
7. Establish a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)