WBL 304 - Internship: Health Sciences
Last Date of Approval: Spring 2022
Total Lecture Hours: 15-75
Total Lab Hours: 0
Total Clinical Hours: 0
Total Work-Based Experience Hours: 0
Offered under the supervision and mentoring of practicing professionals, this course provides students an opportunity to learn in a professional work setting related to their major or career goal in Health Sciences. Students will participate in job training, and will gain experience in problem solving, decision making, and specific job duties within a business or organization.
Mode(s) of Instruction: traditional/face-to-face
Credit for Prior Learning: There are no Credit for Prior Learning opportunities for this course.
Course Fees: None
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
1. Apply technical skills in a work setting, gained from academic coursework in a specific program of study; demonstrate the ability to complete required tasks within acceptable standards of quality and quantity of work.
2. Identify problems, understand their context in the work environment, and create workable solutions.
3. Demonstrate communication skills required for employment success, including the ability to listen, read, and write with proficiency levels required for the job site.
4. Demonstrate the ability to learn and make decisions necessary to successfully complete job tasks.
5. Complete assigned tasks from start to finish by gathering, organizing, and evaluating information as necessary, and displaying effective time management skills.
6. Demonstrate compliance with all company policies, procedures, and regulations applicable to employees and interns.
7. Demonstrate habits of workplace success, including thoroughness, accuracy, punctuality, and completion of internship reports and documentation of required hours.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)