Sep 30, 2023
MMS 204 - New Media Production
Last Date of Approval: Spring 2021
Total Lecture Hours: 15
Total Lab Hours: 60
Total Clinical Hours: 0
Total Work-Based Experience Hours: 0
New Media Production introduces students to the new media hardware and software applications associated with computers and industry software used to produce content for the web. Students will work with video clips, photos, music, audio, text, and special effects to create features to be viewed on computers, mobile phones, or other personal devices. This course will prepare students for a career as a freelance videographer, vlogger, sports on the web, or YouTuber. This course will also help students gain confidence in skills and ability which will be of key significance when making important life decisions.
Mode(s) of Instruction: traditional/face-to-face
Credit for Prior Learning: There are no Credit for Prior Learning opportunities for this course.
Course Fees: None
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
Develop a production plan with other students working as a team.
Conduct research on new and emerging technologies that aid in the production process.
Identify the equipment used in live and recorded production.
Recognize and illustrate the importance of good production skills using software and hardware designed for internet production.
Explain the influence of social media and the web on current productions.
Identify the different visual and audio elements and point out their roles in production.
- Develop knowledge of software programs like Audition, Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop to create visual pieces for the internet.
- Work closely with the production crew to achieve a common goal.
- Brainstorm subject matter and choose topics for videos, write scripts and titles, and edit audio or video footage for media projects.
- Produce audio and video content to be used online for commercials, motion pictures, and more.
- Possess a solid understanding of technology and use it to manage the creation of content for digital formats.
- Communicate with other production and project stakeholders to build engaging audio/visual material that meets user needs and production goals.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)