Oct 03, 2022
AGB 934 - Practicum
Last Date of Approval: Fall 2016
Total Lecture Hours: 0
Total Lab Hours: 0
Total Clinical Hours: 0
Total Work-Based Experience Hours: 180
This course provides an opportunity for the students to gain on-site work experience in an agricultural related occupation in the summer. The agricultural community values and looks for these experiences when hiring new employees. Students will be under the supervision of a designated person in the agricultural business. Students will learn skills such as, but not limited to, communication, specific job skills related to that career, punctuality, time management, and more. This class allows them to explore potential career options and get a firsthand look at the day-to-day requirements as they plan for their future. The skills acquired in this class will be beneficial in any/all types of careers, particularly in agriculture when making future life and career decisions.
Mode(s) of Instruction: Traditional/Face-to-Face
Credit for Prior Learning: There are no Credit for Prior Learning opportunities for this course.
Course Fees: None
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
- To obtain on-the-job technical training in an agricultural business setting.
- To demonstrate the necessary work habits and skills for successful entry into the agribusiness field
- To network with agribusiness leaders to secure future employment.
- Students will be exposed to spring or fall agricultural activities in which they were not exposed to while doing a summer practicum.
- Acceptance of Criticism or Suggestions
- Initiative Judgment, Common sense, Decision Making
- Human Relations
- Personal Work Appearance
- Quality of Work
- Communication Skills
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Confidentiality in the work place
- Time Management.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)