Jun 03, 2023
AGH 141 - Equipment Operations
Last Date of Approval: Fall 2021
Total Lecture Hours: 45
This course will prepare the student to preform general preventative maintenance tasks on equipment used at turfgrass facilities, such as, changing oil, working with reel and rotary type mowers and training and safety of operators.
Mode(s) of Instruction: Traditional/Face-to-Face
Credit for Prior Learning: There are no Credits for Prior Learning opportunities in this course
Course Fees: None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
Student Learning Outcomes:
- The student will identify good maintenance practices used on turf equipment.
- The student will identify tools required for turf maintenance facilities.
- The student will identify turfgrass facility equipment safety regulations requirements.
- How to set up a good preventative maintenance program.
- What happens if there is no preventative maintenance program.
- The differences between reel and rotary mowers.
- The different methods used for grinding reels.
- Different types of grinding equipment.
- How to adjust the height of cut.
- How to sharpen rotary blades.
- What equipment is necessary to operate a turf maintenance facility.
- What is the must-have vs. the specials tools needed for the maintenance facility.
- How to request money for equipment.
- How to train equipment operators.
- How to maintain a clean and organized shop.
- How to handle fuels and oils.
- How to handle chemicals.
- How to prevent accidents in the turfgrass facility. . How to report accidents.
- How to get help from regulatory agencies.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)