Jan 29, 2023
AGH 805 - Horticulture Internship 1
Last Date of Approval: Spring 2020
Total Work-Based Experience Hours: 180
The student will participate in an internship at turfgrass facility. The internship will give the student valuable hands-on experience under the supervision of a professional turfgrass manager. This course is taken by students in the turfgrass management program during the summer. The student is required to work 180 hours to complete the internship.
Mode(s) of Instruction: traditional/face-to-face
Credit for Prior Learning: There are no Credit for Prior Learning opportunities for this course.
Course Fees: None
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
Student Learning Outcomes:
- The student will identify the proper work qualities needed for a turfgrass facility.
- The student will recognize the proper work qualities needed for a Turfgrass Management position.
- The day to day operations of a turfgrass facility.
- The skills and work habits needed to be successful in the turfgrass industry.
- Maintenance practices used on a turfgrass facility.
- Maintenance practices used on the turf equipment.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)