Dec 09, 2023
PHT 948 - Practicum II
Last Date of Approval: Spring 2021
Total Lecture Hours: 0
Total Lab Hours: 0
Total Work-Based Experience Hours: 60
The course offers the student the opportunity to gain practical experience in the specialization of the photography industry. Students are exposed to employable skills, including job-specific skills applicable to their training plan, job interview techniques, communication skills, financial and budget activities, human relations, and portfolio development. This course helps students build confidence in their visual communication skills while also enabling them to think critically, consider the viewpoints of others, and effectively express themselves, all of which will benefit them in the classroom, in life, and in the workforce.
Mode(s) of Instruction: traditional/face-to-face
Credit for Prior Learning: There are no Credit for Prior Learning opportunities for this course.
Course Fees: None
Common Course Assessment(s): None
Student Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
- Apply a professional level of knowledge specific to the photography industry.
- Demonstrate mastery of behaviors expected of competent photography professionals in public performance and of professional duties.
- Demonstrate potential to work as a professional in the field ofphotography.
- Conduct research and evaluate information by methods appropriate to the photography profession in which you have chosen or have been assigned.
- The student will construct a three-page summary/reflective report, describing the practicum in general and assessing what was learned, questions raised, general reactions to the experience.
- The student will meet with assigned faculty member on a regular basis (every week is standard), analyzing what s/he is doing and reporting any questions that need addressing.
- Produce a journal documenting experience.
- Compute and fulfill weekly logs documenting hours.
Add to Pathway (opens a new window)