Return to: Programs by Degree Type
Digital Media Production will prepare students for a field that is new, exciting, and evolving; and it’s impossible to define or set bounds for it because your emphasis in digital communications and media will be largely defined by your own ideas and experiments. In this field, you’ll train to create, and use technologies used by consumers now and adapt to those used in the future. In our Digital Media Production program, you will develop a range of digital competencies, from research and content creation to assessment and channel development (YouTube, Twitter, website content creator, TikTok, Snapchat).
To pursue a career in the different fields of communications and media production you will need both new skills and hands-on experience in applying them. At Iowa Central you will receive both in many different digital channels such as social media, websites, mobile, etc.
You will get the experience of working in a real-life newsroom with our student-run Triton Media and cover stories happening on campus and in the community using state of the art technology. You will also help in developing content for the Triton Media website and social media sites. Podcasts, News Anchors/ Reporters, writers, content creators, social media editors are just a few of the positions that you could hold when attending the Iowa Central Community College Digital Media Production program.
When a field is rapidly expanding like multimedia, the careers are endless and very competitive. Iowa Central will set you apart from the rest because you will graduate with experience through internships, networking with professionals in the field and a strong online portfolio. The Digital Media Production program is designed to meet real-world demands.
Enrollment Date: Fall and/or Spring Semester
Minimum Required Credits: 60
Campus: Fort Dodge
- Be competitive in a rapidly evolving world where diverse forms of media increasingly converge to enable new modes of communication.
- Capitalize on existing and emerging employment opportunities in digital content creation and distribution within the rapidly changing creative economy.
- Maximize their broad base of skills in creative (writing, editing, research, flexibility and adaptability, critical thinking), technical (video, audio, social media, digital distribution), communication (teamwork, collaboration, oral/written), and entrepreneurial skills (math, ethics, marketing, basic business operations).
- Hands-on projects in each course lead to a relevant and robust electronic portfolio.
- Internships and community-based projects give students to work on real-world skills outside the classroom with working professionals, creating well-rounded students with work experience.
- Produce a final, professional-quality digital portfolio that demonstrates the skills needed in today’s digital media environment and increases chances of employment.
AAS Degree Total Hours: 61
Footnotes for Degree Requirements:
1 Required general education course.
2 Required elective course.
3 Institutional requirement.
4 May be substituted with a course from the same category on the General Education Course List .
It is the policy of Iowa Central Community College not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental, or marital status.
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Stacy Ihrig, Executive Director of Human Resources, One Triton Circle, Fort Dodge, Iowa, 50501, Telephone: (515)-574-1138, Email: email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560, Facsimile: (313) 730-1576, TDD 800-877-8339 Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
Return to: Programs by Degree Type